Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Only the Good Die Young

Recently, I found out about the passing of two classmates from Our Lady of Mount Carmel elementary school in my hometown, Amsterdam, NY. Although I hadn't seen them or kept in touch with them for years, it was extremely sad to hear they were taken from their families at such a young age.

My memories of Karen Houlihan Golden and Nancy DeRocco Wells, are that these women were exceptional in every aspect of life. Well-educated, fun-loving, family-oriented, thoughtful individuals who lived model lives.

To their families, I offer my most heartfelt sympathies. I only wish I was there to tell their children what wonderful people their mothers were from the very day I met them in 1967.

While my memory isn't the best, I can't recall Karen or Nancy ever cursing, disparaging anyone, or even getting angry in my presence. They were good, decent people in a cynical, jaded world. I'm honored to have known them.

No comments:

Post a Comment